Exmouth Chamber Awards Terms, Conditions & Guidance Notes 2020
Thank you for your interest in entering the Exmouth Chamber of Commerce Business Awards. In order that you understand the process and how to enter your business and get the most from the event, please read the following information:
- Entries to all categories, except Customer Service, should be made using the Official Entry Form. You are encouraged to provide additional information, pictures, awards, testimonials etc in accompanying documentation to support your entry.
- Judging will be based solely on the information in your application, so please give your reasons why you should be shortlisted.
- Entrants for the Young Entrepreneur Category should be Under 30 years of age on 1st May 2020
- The Customer Service Award is entered by public nomination. This can be on the Official Entry Form or other paper or email entry. The number of nominations will be an important factor in selecting the shortlist and award winner but will not be the sole consideration. Examples of outstanding service, strength of testimonials and other factors will be taken into consideration by the Judges.
- Customer Services is the only award where public nominations will be recognised or considered a factor in the judging process.
- Nominations maybe submitted for the Judges Special Award but this Award is entirely at the Judge’s discretion and they reserve the right to select the recipient without external nomination.
- Businesses from outside Exmouth but who are part of the Exmouth business community are welcome to enter the Awards. Only businesses with staff members on the Exmouth Chamber Executive Committee are disqualified from entering the Awards.
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. No Entry Forms or nomination materials will be returned under any circumstances.
- The Judges reserve the right to shortlist you in Awards Categories you may not have entered if they feel another category is suitable.
- The Shortlist will be first announced in the Exmouth Journal, then posted on the Exmouth Chamber website. All nominated companies will be written to shortly after the shortlist is announced, notifying if you have been shortlisted or not, with information on purchasing tickets for the event and information needed for the Award ceremony.
- If you are nominated for an Award you are encouraged to use the nomination in your social media, advertising and PR. The official Exmouth Business Awards 2020 logo should be used in all promotional activity.
- Tickets for the event are on a first come, first served basis, so please book early to avoid disappointment. Seating requests should be made when booking or as early as possible. We endeavour to oblige where possible but cannot guarantee your request.
- The seating plan is drawn up immediately after ticket sales close. Seating requests made after this point cannot be considered in any circumstances.
- Please remember the Exmouth Business Awards are organised solely by volunteers, who are also busy running local businesses. Suggestions and constructive criticism of the event is welcome, however your involvement in the organisation of future events would be even more welcome and the best way to get your views actioned. If you would like to get involved in organising the Awards please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are shortlisted for an Award you have done extremely well and should be very proud of your achievement, many businesses each year are disappointed not to reach the shortlist. Ensure you maximise the opportunity in your advertising and promotional material. If you do not win please remember the judges have an exceptionally difficult job and can only give the Award to one company. Use the experience to come back stronger next year.
- All businesses shortlisted will receive Certificates after the main Awards presentation, along with a photo opportunity with our Awards Special Guest.
- In all matters relating to the Exmouth Chamber Business Awards, the Chambers’ Organising Committee decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
Good luck, we look forward to receiving your nomination and seeing you at the Awards dinner.